Pages

Saturday 15 November 2014

The post-it note life

If there's one thing I dislike more than anything in life, it's when people lack respect for others. It's the I'm-so-important-so-hurry-the-fuck-up people you see in shops, spitting rude words because, don't you know they've "got somewhere to be!!" or judging someone on their choices because they don't align with yours.

I've heard this concept a few times now, and I have to say it's resonated well in my head. And, it's really quite simple.

You simply imagine that everyone is wearing a post-it note on their head which reads "I want to feel important".

It sounds bizarre, but it works. It's such a simple reminder that everyone has a purpose in life and that we all want to feel recognised and appreciated.

Arguably more importantly, it's about recognising that, while you're special and, yes, you yourself have achieved things, the person sitting next to you has too - even if not in the same path/scale/aspect.

As they say, it takes years to gain respect and reputation, and a matter of minutes to shatter it.

My Saturday morning moral of the story is to take the time to talk to those you normally wouldn't, because I guarantee you'll learn a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment