Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

My sister, my best friend

Ever since I was a little girl I've looked up to my sister with regard to almost every aspect of my life. There is a two year age gap between us, so she's always seemed that bit more experienced at life than me. She's the cool one, the pretty one, she's my ultimate best friend. Friendships come and go, but the bond I have with my sister will stay just as strong for both of our lifetimes.

There's something irreplacable about the bond you share with a sibling. Unlike friends, who see you at your best, siblings see you at your very best, and your shamefully worst points too. You grow up together, you share secrets, you learn to accept every aspect of that person and, best of all, you know their limits. 

Luckily for my family, Lucy and I have never really experienced the whole sibling rivalry situation. We are so similar in certain aspects; the TV programmes we like, our food tastes, our love of shopping... yet at the same time we are two very different people. Lucy is most definitely a "peoples person". She can get on with anyone, and she's uber organised. The most ideal event planner type. I, however, can communicate perfectly confidently with people, but I'm an analyser. I thank Philosophy for that. Our differences, though not drastically polar opposite, add to our bond. It would be no fun if we shared the same taste in everything, or if we never disagreed. That's what makes a sisterly bond that bit stronger; we love each other enough to stand up against one another. 

Life is so unexpected, and you never know where you'll be heading, but family will always be there for you through thick and thin. So sometimes it's nice to appreciate your siblings and parents alike, because those are the people you are most likely to take for granted in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment