Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Hurrah for Orange Wednesdays!


Do you ever get that feeling when you watch a film and you’re just in a dreamy fantasy bubble for ages afterwards? I think everyone who watched Avatar felt that effect. So I just got home from watching Dark Shadows courtesy of mother and father and I am most certainly experiencing it. It was an enjoyable parent-daughter outing, in case you desired to know. For anyone who hasn't been to the cinema since May 11th, I urge you to hurry there quickly. Another Tim Burton classic, only it didn’t feel as out-of-this-world as Alice in Wonderland or Sweeney Todd. In a good way though. It was different. Dark, but comical. The script, like every film that is churned out of Hollywood, is predictable in terms of the romantic outcome but I was genuinely happy that I had no idea what was going to happen in between. Aside from the script itself, Burton managed to keep viewers entertained with a wealth of characters and not to mention a massive cast line-up including (predictably) Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Michelle Pfeiffer, Eva Green and ChloĆ« Moretz.

The only disappointment, without giving too much away, is Carolyn’s (Moretz) change. You’ll see what I mean.

Go see!

No comments:

Post a Comment